Friday 30 April 2010

Bristol's blog 2

Within the last 2 weeks I have been reading up on climate change and global health and starting to understand everything a lot better. I feel as though i still need some more time to continue self directed learning before i am confident enough to address the NHS. I have been looking into current sustainable programmes and schemes already set up in Bristol and thinking about how we can interlink these programmes with the BCMCCP.

I am waiting on a reply from Frances related to specific contacts within the Bristol NHS and ideas on which clinical pathways I should follow.
After making contact with Assiya, the other programme director in Bristol, we are planning to meet up and discuss how was can work together can combine our variety of knowledge and skills.

I was shocked after looking into my own personal carbon footprint and am making small changes (mostly involving walking and using public transport) in an attempt to reduce my own carbon emissions. Also to the annoyance of my housemates and course-mates I have been encouraging them to leave their cars at home and buy more locally sourced and in season foods (one day they will listen).

For the next two weeks I will be continuing my self-directed learning, creating a joint plan with Assiya for the next few months, formulating a letter to send to contacts within the NHS and getting in contact with local sustainable groups and programmes to see what progress they have made and how the BCMCCP can assist them. I would also like to get in contact with other programme directors and see how their first few weeks have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment